Extractions in Bismarck, ND
Safely remove a tooth or teeth at Aesthetic Dental Center.
Tooth Removal Procedures
Pulling out a tooth is a safe, quick, and painless process.
Having a tooth removed sounds worse than it is, but it can improve your oral health in certain cases. Leave your worries behind because our tooth extractions are pain-free with anesthesia.
Tooth extractions can help prevent the spread of tooth decay, avoid issues of overcrowding, and in certain instances, can relieve existing pain.
Reasons for an extraction:
We’ll ensure your comfort during and after your tooth extraction.
How Extractions Work
There’s no need to be nervous about a tooth extraction – it’s quick and pain-free. You may feel slight pressure, but our caring dentist in Bismarck, ND is gentle and makes sure you’re comfortable before, during, and after.
Our expert dentists at Aesthetic Dental Center in Bismarck, ND make tooth extractions a stress-free process.
- Step 1 We take an x-ray and plan out the best way to remove the tooth.
- Step 2 On the day of extraction, we numb the area so that the procedure is painless. If a tooth is on the surface, it’s loosened and then taken out using forceps. If a tooth is below the gums’ surface, called an impacted tooth, then the dentist cuts the gum and tissue covering the tooth and uses forceps to loosen and remove the tooth gently.
- Step 3 Once removed, the socket fills, and gauze or self-dissolving stitches may be used to close the site. Sometimes individuals have to take antibiotics before or after the procedure.
Ice may be applied to the area after oral surgery, and exercise is not recommended for at least 24 hours. The recovery process takes just a few days, and medicine may be prescribed to keep you pain-free while healing at home. Instructions are given to make sure you have a healthy and comfortable recovery.
For healthy individuals, a tooth extraction is a safe and quick procedure.
FAQ about Extractions
- What is an extraction?
An extraction is the removal of a tooth. This can be a damaged or decaying tooth or a tooth that causes overcrowding.
It’s a safe dental procedure and painless with local anesthesia.
- Is tooth extraction painful?
No, tooth extraction is not painful. We use local anesthesia to numb any pain during the procedure. Post-treatment, medicine may be prescribed to ensure your comfort and happy healing.
- What happens after a tooth extraction?
After a tooth extraction, you’ll be given instructions on how to best care for your mouth at home.
Post-treatment, ice may be applied to the affected area. Recovery will take a few days, and medicine may be prescribed to ease any discomfort.
- How soon after extraction can I get an implant?
This depends on the patient and the situation. In some cases, a dental implant can be inserted the same day as the extraction. In other cases, we recommend waiting a few months for the area to heal.
Please contact Aesthetic Dental Center in Bismarck, ND to discuss your extraction and dental implant procedure.
- How long does a surgical tooth extraction take?
A surgical tooth extraction takes just a few minutes, and we’ll ensure you feel comfortable from start to finish with local anesthesia to numb any pain.