Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are widely regarded as the best solution to replace missing teeth. However, how do you know if you’re a candidate for dental implants?
Let us ask you this:
- Are you missing one or most of your teeth?
- Are your teeth beyond saving?
- Have you been wearing dentures for years?
If you answered “yes” to one of these questions, then chances are you’re a good candidate for dental implants.
There are a few conditions that can prevent you from becoming an ideal candidate.
What are the requirements for dental implants?
To ensure this restorative procedure is a success, you must have:
- Healthy gums: Gums are necessary to support your new implant since the implant fuses with your jawbone. If you have severe gum disease, a dental implant may fail to fuse correctly.
- A fully developed jawbone: A dental implant cannot be placed until the jawbone has stopped growing.
- Good bone density in the jaw: Dental implants fuse with the jawbone to anchor your new tooth. If you don’t have adequate bone support, your chances for a successful implant decline.
- Proper oral hygiene habits: You need to be able to take care of your implants like they’re your real teeth. That means caring for them by brushing, flossing, and visiting your dentist regularly for cleanings.
- Not smoked or quit smoking: Smoking can hinder your healing process and may cause infections. Non-smokers and smokers looking to quit tend to have a higher chance of being a good implant candidate.
Schedule your one-on-one consultation with our dentist today to see if you’re a candidate for dental implants!
If you feel you don’t meet any of these requirements, that’s okay!
There are advanced dental services available to help you become the ideal candidate for dental implants, which are all available at Aesthetic Dental Center in Bismarck, ND… This text opens a new tab to the Google website…:
- Periodontics: A deep cleaning of the gums to keep them healthy.
- Bone Grafting: A procedure that adds more bone density in your jawbone to help you become a dental implants candidate.
- Extractions: Remove any decayed or damaged teeth to make room for the implants and get rid of any infections.
There are different dental implant options available.
A conventional dental implant consists of three parts:
So, what if you’re missing all of your teeth?
Does it mean that you have to get a dental implant for every single missing tooth?
We understand replacing every single missing tooth can get expensive – fast.
With advancements in implant dentistry technology, there are many solutions you can pursue to help maintain your smile’s health, beauty, and function without breaking the bank.
- Single or Multiple Dental Implants: If you’re missing one or multiple teeth, a single implant placement is an excellent and standard option. Dental implants are stable and will restore the function and beauty of your smile.
- All-on-4 Implants: This fixed denture option is great for anyone who needs to replace a full arch of teeth. This procedure only requires four implants to stabilize a denture. Because these are supported by implants, your dentures will remain stable, allowing you to eat all foods and keep your jawbone healthy.
- Implant-Retained Overdentures: Very similar to the All-on-4, overdentures can replace an entire row of missing teeth. The only difference is these dentures are removable while sitting on two to four implants.
Want to learn more about the different types of implants? Click the link below!
As you can see, there are many ways you can become a dental implants candidate.
Normally, you would have to travel from office to office to make sure your dental implants procedure is done correctly.
But here’s the kicker:
That is not the case at Aesthetic Dental Center!
Aesthetic Dental Center: Taking care of all your dental implant and denture needs.
This means she specializes in the restoration and replacement of teeth, allowing her to excel in:
- Treatment planning
- Rehabilitating oral function and appearance
Dr. Sellers can provide all of the services mentioned in this blog post – all under one roof. You don’t have to bounce around from office to office. Instead, you see the same familiar face from start to finish.
That’s not all:
- Scared of the dentist? Sedation dentistry is available to put you to sleep during your implants procedure.
- Being a specialist herself, Dr. Sellers only collaborates with a dentures and dental implants specialty lab to give you the best product available.
- Worried about the cost? We accept an array of insurance providers and offer many financing options to help make your dentistry affordable.
Want to know if you’re a candidate for dental implants or custom dentures? Talk to us!
Schedule a consultation with Dr. Sellers. You can expect one-on-one time with our team to help determine if this procedure is right for you.
Book Your Appointment
Aesthetic Dental Center is located in Bismarck, ND, and proudly serves Mandan, Lincoln, Dickinson, Williston, Minot, Watford City, Jamestown, Hazen, Beulah, and surrounding communities.
Editor’s note: This post was originally published in February 2019 and has been completely revamped for comprehensiveness and timeliness.